Backtrack / Kali Linux compatible wireless adapters reviewFebruary 9, 2014 by: admin
Amazon Alfa AWUSO36NH United States
Amazon Alfa AWUS036NH Germany
Amazon Alfa AWUS036NH United Kingdom
Amazon Alfa AWUS036NH Canada
eBay Alfa AWUS036NH
I have been using the Alfa AWUS036H USB adapter which is a great USB adapter to use with Backtrack 5 or Kali Linux, but it lacks N support. So in desperate need to upgrade to N support and Backtack 5 / Kali Linux compatibility, I ordered the new Alfa AWUSO36NH USB Wireless G / N WiFi Adapter from Amazon. I have done a video review of it for those who want to see it in action.
I did this review using Windows 7, VMware and Backtrack 5. I was very impressed by the Alfa AWUSO36NH.Windows 7 found the drivers without needing the driver disk and VMware automatically recognized it as did Backtrack 5.
When I went into monitor mode with an airmon-ng command it came up with no errors to mon0. The thing that really impressed me though was when I ran a Deauth command against my own router. It kicked the wireless connection almost immediately. My old adapter the Alfa AWUS036H would have taken multiple tries and sometimes failed all together to kick a routers wireless connection.
I really like this adapter and think it is my new favorite USB adapter to use with Backtrack / Kali Linux. I still have some playing around to do but I would definitely recommend the Alfa AWUSO36NH USB adapterto anyone wanting a great adapter to use with Backtrack 5 or Kali Linux.
How to do a WPA WPA2 handshake capture with the Alfa AWUS036NH USB adapter
Incoming search terms:
- backtrack compatible wireless adapters
- nt-wghu backtrack
- kali linux usb wifi adapter
- Wireless Adapters Compatible With Backtrack
- rtl8188 for kali
- wireless N 2230 on kali linux
- NT-H802N kali
- network adapters supported by backtrack
- netgear on backtrack
- wireless usb adapter compatible with backtrack or kali
- N2230 backtrack
- list of wifi adapters backtrack
- support by kali linux usb card wireless alpha
- usb network adapters that work in backtrack 5
- wifi usb adapter use in kali linux
- wifi usb adapter kali linux
- wifi adapter for backtrack
- what wireless adapter works with backtrack r3
- What type of Wireless Adapter do I need to use for Backtrack